CANADA STOCKS-TSX little changed as energy losses offset by miners
TORONTO, Oct 2 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index was little changed on Wednesday as the U.S. government shutdown hit the energy and financial sectors but boosted the bullion price and gold-mining stocks. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed down 8.44 points, or 0.07 percent, at 12,839. Five of the 10 main sectors on the index were in the red.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone