US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St trims losses; Nasdaq turns positive
NEW YORK Oct 2 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks trimmed losses in afternoon trading on Wednesday with the Nasdaq briefly turning positive.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 67.23 points, or 0.44 percent, at 15,124.47. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 2.88 points, or 0.17 percent, at 1,692.12. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 1.12 points, or 0.03 percent, at 3,816.87.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |