Honduras awards America Movil, Millicom 4G licenses
TEGUCIGALPA (Reuters) - Honduras has awarded Mexican telecoms giant America Movil and emerging markets telecoms group Millicom licenses to offer 4G high-speed mobile services, telecoms commission Conatel said on Tuesday.
America Movil operates under the brand Claro in Honduras, while Millicom operates under the name Tigo. The licenses cost $12.05 million each.
The companies must start operating 4G networks within 18 months, Conatel said.
(Reporting by Gustavo Palencia; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |