Honduras awards America Movil, Millicom 4G licenses
TEGUCIGALPA (Reuters) - Honduras has awarded Mexican telecoms giant America Movil and emerging markets telecoms group Millicom licenses to offer 4G high-speed mobile services, telecoms commission Conatel said on Tuesday.
America Movil operates under the brand Claro in Honduras, while Millicom operates under the name Tigo. The licenses cost $12.05 million each.
The companies must start operating 4G networks within 18 months, Conatel said.
(Reporting by Gustavo Palencia; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Civilians killed in eastern Ukraine in fierce fighting