Honduras awards America Movil, Millicom 4G licenses
TEGUCIGALPA (Reuters) - Honduras has awarded Mexican telecoms giant America Movil and emerging markets telecoms group Millicom licenses to offer 4G high-speed mobile services, telecoms commission Conatel said on Tuesday.
America Movil operates under the brand Claro in Honduras, while Millicom operates under the name Tigo. The licenses cost $12.05 million each.
The companies must start operating 4G networks within 18 months, Conatel said.
(Reporting by Gustavo Palencia; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets