Honduras awards America Movil, Millicom 4G licenses
TEGUCIGALPA (Reuters) - Honduras has awarded Mexican telecoms giant America Movil and emerging markets telecoms group Millicom licenses to offer 4G high-speed mobile services, telecoms commission Conatel said on Tuesday.
America Movil operates under the brand Claro in Honduras, while Millicom operates under the name Tigo. The licenses cost $12.05 million each.
The companies must start operating 4G networks within 18 months, Conatel said.
(Reporting by Gustavo Palencia; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food