Russia's Avtovaz posts H1 net loss of 2.6 bln roubles
MOSCOW Oct 2 (Reuters) - Russia's largest car maker AvtoVAZ posted on Wednesday a first-half net loss of 2.6 billion roubles ($80.7 million) compared with a 27.4 billion profit the year earlier, hurt by the weak state of the market in a slowing economy.
The company, which Franco-Japanese alliance Renault-Nissan plans to take control of by mid-2014, also said in a statement its revenue decreased 7 percent to 83 billion roubles. ($1 = 32.2395 Russian roubles) (Reporting by Gleb Stolyarov; Writing by Maria Kiselyova; Editing by Megan Davies)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- EU threatens Russia with more sanctions, but words ring hollow