Russia's Avtovaz posts H1 net loss of 2.6 bln roubles
MOSCOW Oct 2 (Reuters) - Russia's largest car maker AvtoVAZ posted on Wednesday a first-half net loss of 2.6 billion roubles ($80.7 million) compared with a 27.4 billion profit the year earlier, hurt by the weak state of the market in a slowing economy.
The company, which Franco-Japanese alliance Renault-Nissan plans to take control of by mid-2014, also said in a statement its revenue decreased 7 percent to 83 billion roubles. ($1 = 32.2395 Russian roubles) (Reporting by Gleb Stolyarov; Writing by Maria Kiselyova; Editing by Megan Davies)
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York