Samsung Elec rises 3 pct ahead of Q3 guidance as chip prices firm up
SEOUL Oct 2 (Reuters) - Shares in Samsung Electronics Co Ltd rose more than 3 percent late on Wednesday ahead of its third-quarter earnings guidance due out on Friday, as investors took heart from firming memory chip prices.
Shares in Asia's biggest technology firm rose 3.04 percent to 1.424 million won ($1,300) as of 0500 GMT. Rival chipmaker SK Hynix Inc jumped 4.4 percent.
($1 = 1073.7500 Korean won)
(Reporting by Jungmin Jang and Miyoung Kim; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Los Angeles sheriff's officials charged in jail misconduct probe
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- RPT-Record low temperature recorded in Antarctica -scientists