STXNEWS LATAM-Vale proposes $2.25 bln dividend payment
Executives at Brazilian miner Vale S.A. have proposed a second installment of dividend payments to be paid to preferred and ordinary shareholders in 2013, according to a security filing on Wednesday.
The proposed $2.25 billion payment, equivalent to 44 cents per share based on stock in circulation on Aug. 31, will be paid on Oct. 31 if approved by the company's board of directors in an Oct. 17 meeting.
Vale paid $2.25 billion to shareholders on April 30, the first installment of the dividend.
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister