Centre-right Senator says 25 lawmakers to break with Berlusconi
ROME (Reuters) - Italian center-right Senator Roberto Formigoni said on Wednesday that a group of 25 Senators is going to break with Silvio Berlusconi's People of Freedom party and form its own parliamentary group.
The new group will back Prime Minister Enrico Letta's government, while Berlusconi has so far called on his party to withdraw from the ruling coalition.
(Reporting by Roberto Landucci; writing by Steve Scherer.)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video