Chance of storm over the western Caribbean still 70 percent: NHC
(Reuters) - An area of low pressure over the northwestern Caribbean Sea has a 70 percent chance of becoming a tropical storm during the next 48 hours, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest outlook.
"The low is expected to move north- northwestward near or over the northeastern portion of the Yucatan Peninsula this evening and into the southern Gulf of Mexico by early Thursday", NHC added.
(Reporting by Shrutee Sarkar in Bangalore)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |