At least eight dead, 14 injured in Tennessee multivehicle crash
NASHVILLE, Tenn. Oct 2 (Reuters) - At least eight people were killed and 14 injured on Wednesday when a tire blew out on a passenger bus and it crossed over the median on a Tennessee interstate, crashing into a sport-utility vehicle and a truck, the Tennessee Highway Patrol said.
Six of the dead were on the passenger bus, which was from Statesville, North Carolina, and one each were from the SUV and the tractor trailer truck, highway patrol spokeswoman Dalya Qualls said. (Reporting by Tim Ghianni; Writing by David Bailey; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls