Banca IFIS chairman launches sale of up to 11 pct of bank
MILAN Oct 3 (Reuters) - Egon Furstenberg, founder and chairman of Italy's lender Banca IFIS, said on Thursday he was launching the sale of a stake of up to 11 percent in the bank.
The placement, which will be done through accelerated book building, will be made by La Scogliera, a company controlled by Furstenberg.
The sale is aimed at boosting the free float of the bank, La Scogliera said in a statement, adding the company will maintain a controlling stake in Banca IFIS after the placement. (Reporting by Francesca Landini, editing by Stephen Jewkes)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'