Samsung Electronics Q3 guidance tops analyst estimates
SEOUL Oct 4 (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd estimated its July-September operating profit rose 25 percent to a record 10.1 trillion won ($9.40 billion) as a strong recovery in memory chip sales countered weakening earnings growth at its mobile devices business.
The guidance, released ahead of full quarterly results due to be announced by Oct. 25, was better than an average forecast of 9.96 trillion won by 34 analysts polled by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The South Korean firm estimated its third-quarter sales at 59 trillion won, versus a market forecast of 60 trillion won.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats