Telecom Italia director confident current management can relaunch group
MILAN Oct 3 (Reuters) - A Telecom Italia board member said on Thursday he was confident the current management will be able to relaunch the debt-laden group following the resignation of executive chairman Franco Bernabe.
"The company has strong potential," Gaetano Micciche told reporters on his way out of a board meeting where Bernabe resigned. "There is the basis for a relaunch and I am confident the current management is able to do it."
A source close to the situation has said COO Marco Patuano could take up Bernabe's executive powers.
(Reporting by Giancarlo Navach, writing by Danilo Masoni, editing by Isla Binnie)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel