Italy police seize 15 million euros at Merrill Lynch in fraud probe
ROME (Reuters) - Italy's financial police said on Thursday they had seized 15 million euros from Merrill Lynch (BAC.N) in Milan as part of a probe into alleged fraud against the city council of Verona.
The seizure was ordered by Verona prosecutors, a police spokesman said.
Merrill Lynch declined to comment.
(Reporting by Antonella Cinelli, editing by Silvia Aloisi)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon |