Russia says embassy staff in Libya evacuated after attack
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia has evacuated all embassy staff and their families from Libya to Tunisia following an attack on its Tripoli mission, the Russian Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.
The ministry said the decision had been taken after Libya's foreign minister said the Libyan authorities were no longer able to guarantee the staff's safety following Wednesday's attack. The embassy staff will fly to Russia on Friday, it said.
(Reporting by Thomas Grove, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands -WSJ
- Former 'American Idol' contestant Joanne Borgella dies at 32