Russia says embassy staff in Libya evacuated after attack
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia has evacuated all embassy staff and their families from Libya to Tunisia following an attack on its Tripoli mission, the Russian Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.
The ministry said the decision had been taken after Libya's foreign minister said the Libyan authorities were no longer able to guarantee the staff's safety following Wednesday's attack. The embassy staff will fly to Russia on Friday, it said.
(Reporting by Thomas Grove, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Iran nuclear talks set to resume next month after missing deadline
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Some fund managers see oil falling to $60 without OPEC cut