U.S. official says no apparent connection to terrorism in Capitol shooting
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - There was no apparent connection to terrorism in the car chase that ended in gunfire outside the U.S. Capitol on Thursday, a U.S. official said.
Earlier, U.S. Capitol Police said the event appeared to be an isolated incident.
(Reporting by Mark Hosenball; Writing by Doina Chiacu; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'