Barclays rights issue gets 94.63 percent take up
LONDON Oct 3 (Reuters) - Barclays said on Friday 94.63 percent of shareholders signed up to a 6 billion pound ($9.7 billion) fundraising which allows them to buy new shares at a discount.
Barclays is raising the cash from a rights issue to fill a capital shortfall. The rest of the shares will be sold before the market opens.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image