Barclays rights issue gets 94.63 percent take up
LONDON Oct 3 (Reuters) - Barclays said on Friday 94.63 percent of shareholders signed up to a 6 billion pound ($9.7 billion) fundraising which allows them to buy new shares at a discount.
Barclays is raising the cash from a rights issue to fill a capital shortfall. The rest of the shares will be sold before the market opens.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’