Barclays rights issue gets 94.63 percent take up
LONDON Oct 3 (Reuters) - Barclays said on Friday 94.63 percent of shareholders signed up to a 6 billion pound ($9.7 billion) fundraising which allows them to buy new shares at a discount.
Barclays is raising the cash from a rights issue to fill a capital shortfall. The rest of the shares will be sold before the market opens.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Leaders gather, thousands sing in rain in farewell to Mandela |
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher