Bank of England hires Barclays executive Coates as finance director
LONDON Oct 4 (Reuters) - The Bank of England said on Friday that it had hired the finance director of Barclays' British retail and business banking division to be its new finance director.
Ralph Coates, 40, has worked at Barclays since 2004 and will start his new role on Nov. 4. He succeeds Warwick Jones, who retired from the Bank of England in June.
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Islamist militants on rise in Austria: government