HTC posts first-ever quarterly loss, bigger than expected
TAIPEI Oct 4 (Reuters) - HTC Corp posted a third-quarter net loss of T$2.97 billion ($100 million), its first ever quarterly loss, hit by fierce competition in the smartphone market, supply chain constraints and internal turmoil.
The figure was bigger than an expected loss of T$1.8 billion, according to Thomson Reuters SmartEstimates and compares with a net profit of T$3.9 billion in the same quarter last year.
It also posted an operating loss of T$3.5 billion.
(Reporting by Faith Hung; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel says shoots down Gaza drone as calls for truce mount |
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |