HTC posts first-ever quarterly loss, bigger than expected
TAIPEI Oct 4 (Reuters) - HTC Corp posted a third-quarter net loss of T$2.97 billion ($100 million), its first ever quarterly loss, hit by fierce competition in the smartphone market, supply chain constraints and internal turmoil.
The figure was bigger than an expected loss of T$1.8 billion, according to Thomson Reuters SmartEstimates and compares with a net profit of T$3.9 billion in the same quarter last year.
It also posted an operating loss of T$3.5 billion.
(Reporting by Faith Hung; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats