US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St edges up at open as caution remains
NEW YORK Oct 4 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened slightly higher on Friday, though the uncertain outcome of a partial U.S. government shutdown continued to worry investors.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 5.13 points, or 0.03 percent, to 15,001.61, the S&P 500 gained 0.98 points, or 0.06 percent, to 1,679.64 and the Nasdaq Composite added 3.226 points, or 0.09 percent, to 3,777.569.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South