SGX suspends trading in Asiasons, Liongold shares
SINGAPORE Oct 4 (Reuters) - The Singapore Exchange Ltd on Friday suspended trading in Asiasons Capital Ltd and Liongold Corp Ltd after their share prices fell sharply in the morning session.
Asiasons shares plunged 61 percent while Liongold Corp shares dropped 42 percent before their trading suspension.
According to statements filed by both firms, the Singapore bourse operator invoked SGX-ST Rule 8.10 to immediately suspend trading "to safeguard the interests of the market as there could be circumstances that would result in the market not being fully informed". (Reporting by Kevin Lim; Editing by Rachel Armstrong)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- UPDATE 2-U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm