SINGAPORE PRESS-M1 fined S$1.5 mln for service disruption-Business Times
SINGAPORE Oct 4 (Reuters) - Singapore's smallest telecommunications firm M1 Ltd has been slapped with the industry's largest fine on record in the country's history - S$1.5 million ($1.20 million) - for the disruption of its 2G and 3G mobile phone services in January.
These 2G and 3G mobile service disruptions lasted about 71 hours and 63 hours respectively in mid- January, affecting some 250,000 M1 customers.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy.
($1 = 1.2493 Singapore dollars) (Reporting by Saeed Azhar)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter