SINGAPORE PRESS-Temasek unit eyes Myanmar opportunities-Straits Times
SINGAPORE Oct 4 (Reuters) - A unit of Singapore state investor Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd is eyeing investment opportunities in Myanmar following its foray into Cambodia last week.
"We are looking at Myanmar, we're learning how to operate there," Fullerton Financial Holdings' chief executive Gan Chee Yee told the Straits Times.
It is a "market which obviously has potential," he said.
Fullerton, which has financial institutions in emerging markets, had total assets of S$40.9 billion ($32.74 billion)as of Dec 31, 2012. ($1 = 1.2493 Singapore dollars) (Reporting by Saeed Azhar; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Microsoft leads disruption of largest infected global PC network