Linkedin's profile may include higher earnings
Oct 4 - With the announcement of the Twitter IPO, social media companies are in the spotlight again. Twitter revealed its financials in a lot more than 140 characters and it did not paint a pretty picture: increasing costs and no profits yet. We take a look at another social media darling, LinkedIn Corp., and find a different earnings story.
When LinkedIn went public in mid-2011, it was already profitable. On the day of the IPO, the stock more than doubled and since has more than doubled again. Despite that kind of growth and analyst optimism, analyst estimates for third-quarter earnings may not yet be high enough, with a positive StarMine predicted surprise of 5.8 percent indicating that the company may beat the consensus.
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage |
- U.S. strikes Somali militant camp in bid to kill al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |