NHC says Karen continuing northwestward over central Gulf of Mexico
(Reuters) - Tropical storm Karen was continuing north-northwestward over the central Gulf of Mexico and could be near hurricane strength late Friday and early Saturday, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its bulletin.
The storm was located about 320 miles south of the Mississippi river with maximum sustained winds of 65 miles per hour.
(Reporting by NR Sethuraman in Bangalore; Editing by David Cowell)
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- European investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB
- After unrest over shooting, Ferguson police now wear body cameras