NHC says Karen continuing northwestward over central Gulf of Mexico
(Reuters) - Tropical storm Karen was continuing north-northwestward over the central Gulf of Mexico and could be near hurricane strength late Friday and early Saturday, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its bulletin.
The storm was located about 320 miles south of the Mississippi river with maximum sustained winds of 65 miles per hour.
(Reporting by NR Sethuraman in Bangalore; Editing by David Cowell)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- After clashes, Hong Kong students, government stand their ground before talks |