NHC says Karen continuing northwestward over central Gulf of Mexico
(Reuters) - Tropical storm Karen was continuing north-northwestward over the central Gulf of Mexico and could be near hurricane strength late Friday and early Saturday, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its bulletin.
The storm was located about 320 miles south of the Mississippi river with maximum sustained winds of 65 miles per hour.
(Reporting by NR Sethuraman in Bangalore; Editing by David Cowell)
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Asian stocks subdued on Ukraine caution, dollar firms vs yen