NHC says Karen continuing northwestward over central Gulf of Mexico
(Reuters) - Tropical storm Karen was continuing north-northwestward over the central Gulf of Mexico and could be near hurricane strength late Friday and early Saturday, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its bulletin.
The storm was located about 320 miles south of the Mississippi river with maximum sustained winds of 65 miles per hour.
(Reporting by NR Sethuraman in Bangalore; Editing by David Cowell)
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation