Four killed in riots in Kenya's Mombasa after cleric shot dead
MOMBASA, Kenya (Reuters) - Four people were killed on Friday when supporters of a slain radical Muslim cleric clashed with riot police in Kenya's main port city of Mombasa, the Kenya Red Cross said.
The four bodies all had gunshot wounds, said Mwanaisha Hamisi, the Kenya Red Cross coordinator for Coast region.
(Reporting by Joseph Akwiri; Editing by Richard Lough and Andrew Roche)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow