Suicide bomber kills 20 Shi'ite pilgrims in Baghdad-police, medics
BAGHDAD Oct 5 (Reuters) - A suicide bomber blew himself up amidst a group of Shi'ite pilgrims in Baghdad, killing at least 20 on the eve of the anniversary of the death of one of their imams, police and medics said.
A further 50 people were wounded in the attack at a checkpoint on a bridge crossing to the Kadhimiya district.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 1-Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease