STXNEWS LATAM-Petrobras to sell Uruguay assets to Shell
The executive board of Brazil's state-run oil company Petroleo Brasileiro SA approved the sale of the company's stake in two oil prospects in Uruguay's Punta del Oeste Basin to Royal Dutch Shell Plc for $17 million, according to a filing late on Friday.
The company, known as Petrobras, is selling oil fields, exploration rights, refineries and other assets to help finance a $237 billion, five-year investment plan.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’