Libya, Somalia raids show U.S. commitment against militants -Hagel
WASHINGTON Oct 6 (Reuters) - U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel on Sunday praised U.S. raids in Libya and Somalia over the weekend, saying they showed America would "spare no effort to hold terrorists accountable."
"I want to commend all of the service members who were involved in the planning and execution of these two operations, which demonstrate the unparalleled precision, global reach, and capabilities of the United States military," Hagel said in a statement.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |