U.S. raid in Somalia targeted al Shabaab commander Ikrima -officials
WASHINGTON Oct 6 (Reuters) - The U.S. raid in Somalia targeted a Kenyan of Somali origin known by the name Ikrima, described as a foreign fighter commander for al Shabaab in Somalia, U.S. officials told Reuters on Sunday, speaking on condition of anonymity.
The United States has not formally named the target of the weekend raid in Somalia, in which Navy SEALS stormed ashore into the al Shabaab stronghold of Barawe. One U.S. official has previously said the target was neither killed or captured.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, militants threaten Israeli airport |
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- A game of two popes: Vatican plays down talk of World Cup rivalry
- Haskell collapses in Texas court as details of murder read