BRIEF-Chr. Hansen and FMC in plant protection alliance
COPENHAGEN Oct 7 (Reuters) - Danish food ingredients maker Chr. Hansen said on Monday:
* Enters biological plant protection market through an exclusive global strategic alliance with American chemical company FMC Corporation
* The new strategic alliance creates a "powerful foundation" to compete in the multi-billion dollar biological crop protection market.
* The two companies will develop new products, knowledge and biological expertise.
* Financial details were not disclosed. Further company coverage:
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai