CANADA FX-C$ weakens to session low after building permits data
TORONTO, Oct 7 (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar weakened to a session low against the U.S. currency on Monday after data showed building permits dropped more than expected in August. The Canadian dollar was at C$1.0324, or 96.86 U.S. cents, weaker than Friday's close of C$1.0292, or 97.16 U.S. cents. The loonie fell as far as C$1.0334 immediately after the data was released.
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- U.S. budget deal could usher in new era of cooperation