VTB confirms deal to sell Rosbank stake to SocGen
MOSCOW Oct 7 (Reuters) - Russia's second-largest bank VTB has agreed to sell its stake of around 10 percent in Societe Generale's Russian unit Rosbank to the French bank, while SocGen will sell VTB a number of Russian assets, the bank confirmed on Monday.
State-controlled VTB, which bought into Rosbank in 2010, said in May that the stake was not a strategic investment and that it was in talks to sell the asset.
Reuters reported news of the deal on Sunday. (Reporting by Megan Davies)
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in holiday period
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion