SocGen agrees to buy rival VTB's stake in Rosbank
PARIS Oct 7 (Reuters) - French bank Societe Generale said it had agreed to buy Russian rival VTB's 10-percent stake in Russian lender Rosbank, bringing SocGen's stake in Rosbank to 92.4 percent.
SocGen, which in exchange is selling unidentified "Russian assets" to VTB, did not disclose the terms of the deal. It said the transaction would have a limited impact on its core Tier 1 capital ratio. (Reporting by Lionel Laurent, Editing by Natalie Huet)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia