Talisman Energy shares surge as Carl Icahn acquires stake
CALGARY, Alberta Oct 7 (Reuters) - Talisman Energy Inc shares surged in after-hours trading on Monday after activist investor Carl Icahn said he has purchased about 61 million shares of the underperforming Canadian oil producer and may seek a seat on the company's board.
Talisman's New York Stock Exchange-listed shares surged 10.9 percent in after-hours trading after Icahn revealed the stake. The stock closed at $12.75 in New York on Monday. (Reporting by Scott Haggett; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking