Talisman Energy shares surge as Carl Icahn acquires stake
CALGARY, Alberta Oct 7 (Reuters) - Talisman Energy Inc shares surged in after-hours trading on Monday after activist investor Carl Icahn said he has purchased about 61 million shares of the underperforming Canadian oil producer and may seek a seat on the company's board.
Talisman's New York Stock Exchange-listed shares surged 10.9 percent in after-hours trading after Icahn revealed the stake. The stock closed at $12.75 in New York on Monday. (Reporting by Scott Haggett; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand