Talisman Energy shares surge as Carl Icahn acquires stake
CALGARY, Alberta Oct 7 (Reuters) - Talisman Energy Inc shares surged in after-hours trading on Monday after activist investor Carl Icahn said he has purchased about 61 million shares of the underperforming Canadian oil producer and may seek a seat on the company's board.
Talisman's New York Stock Exchange-listed shares surged 10.9 percent in after-hours trading after Icahn revealed the stake. The stock closed at $12.75 in New York on Monday. (Reporting by Scott Haggett; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message