Time Warner Cable to buy DukeNet Communications for $600 mln
Oct 7 (Reuters) - Cable company Time Warner Cable Inc agreed to buy fiber optic network provider DukeNet Communications LLC for $600 million in cash to boost its service in the Carolinas.
Duke Energy Corp owns 50 percent of DukeNet. Investment funds managed by Alinda Capital Partners own the rest.
The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2014.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |