Santander to buy 51 percent stake in El Corte Ingles consumer finance unit
MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish bank Santander (SAN.MC) said on Monday it had agreed to pay 140 million euros ($190 million) for a 51 percent stake in the consumer finance unit of the country's leading department store El Corte Ingles.
In a statement, the bank said El Corte Ingles' finance unit would first pay out an extraordinary dividend to the parent company of 140 million euros, thereby reducing the value of the unit, valued at 415 million euros at end-July.
(Reporting by Clare Kane; Editing by Sarah Morris)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media