Chance of cyclone near Cape Verde Islands 40 percent: NHC
(Reuters) - A large area of disturbed weather, located to the south and southwest of the Cape Verde Islands, has a 40 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest outlook on Monday.
Another small, low-pressure system, which was located about 400 miles south of Bermuda, has a 20 percent of becoming a tropical or subtropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, NHC said.
(Reporting by Shrutee Sarkar in Bangalore; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push
- Ukraine opposition rally keeps pressure on Yanukovich