Australia's Warrnambool agrees takeover by Canada's Saputo
SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australia's Warrnambool Cheese and Butter Factory Company Holdings Ltd (WCB.AX) said on Tuesday it has agreed to an all-cash takeover by Saputo Inc (SAP.TO), Canada's largest dairy producer, that values the company at A$392.7 million ($370.10 million).
Saputo's off-market offer of A$7.00 per share is an 8.4 percent premium to the A$6.46 close of Warrnambool shares on Monday.
Warrnambool recommended shareholders accept the offer, in the absence of a superior proposal.
The Saputo approach is well above a A$5.75 per share offer from majority owner Bega Cheese Ltd (BGA.AX) in September, which Warrnambool directors recommended shareholders reject.
(Reporting By Maggie Lu Yueyang; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation