White House says supports year-long lift of debt ceiling
WASHINGTON Oct 7 (Reuters) - The White House supports a bill planned by Senate Democrats that would extend the debt ceiling for a year, a time period that would remove uncertainty in financial markets created by the risk of U.S. default, White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters on Monday.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |