AT&T CEO sees "huge opportunity" in Europe
BRUSSELS Oct 8 (Reuters) - AT&T Inc Chief Executive Randall Stephenson said on Tuesday that he sees a "huge opportunity for somebody" in Europe to invest in mobile broadband and reap the big profits already being generated from such services in the United States.
Speaking at an industry conference held by ETNO, the European telecoms lobby, Stephenson also counseled Europe to get its mobile spectrum policy right so as to spur much needed network investments.
"I continue to be fascinated and impressed by how slow mobile broadband is moving in Europe. So I think of this as a huge opportunity for somebody," said Stephenson.
AT&T has been looking at opportunities to expand into Europe since the beginning of the year, and has considered options including pan-European player Vodafone and Britain's largest mobile carrier EE , according to sector bankers.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets