India's REC plans to raise 3 bln rupees in debt
MUMBAI Oct 8 (Reuters) - India's Rural Electrification Corp Ltd (REC) is looking to raise 3 billion rupees ($48.51 million) via three-year and five-year bonds, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters.
The planned bond issuance for the secured non-convertible debt is expected to open on Oct. 11 and close the following day, according to the term sheet.
The sale comes after mortgage lender LIC Housing separately plans to raise at least 2 billion rupees in debt, as Indian companies rush to take advantage of a bond rally following a surprise cut in an overnight interest rate on Monday.
($1 = 61.8450 Indian rupees) (Reporting by Archana Narayanan; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |