Resurgent Arsenal pick up monthly awards
(Reuters) - Arsenal's impressive start to the season has been rewarded with Arsene Wenger and Aaron Ramsey scooping the Premier League manager and player of the month awards for September.
After a shock 3-1 home defeat by Aston Villa on the opening day of the season, Arsenal have climbed to the top of the table thanks to five wins and a draw.
During September, Arsenal beat north London rivals Tottenham Hotspur, Sunderland, Stoke City and Swansea City, with Welshman Ramsey playing a key role with four goals.
Arsenal also carried their strong domestic form into Europe with impressive wins over Marseille and Napoli to open their Champions League campaign.
(Reporting by Josh Reich; Editing by John O'Brien)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner