Boehner to make statement on fiscal crisis
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Speaker of the House of Representatives John Boehner will make a statement at 4:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, aides said, apparently to respond to President Barack Obama's news conference earlier in the day that focused on their stalemate on fiscal issues.
Boehner renewed his call for negotiations on Tuesday, while Obama said he would be willing to talk with the speaker once Congress reopens the government and raises the debt limit.
(Reporting By Thomas Ferraro; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Reporter allowed to keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule
Protesters block several main streets in Kiev, responding to calls from opposition leaders to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow