White House preparing to name Yellen Fed chair -WSJ report
WASHINGTON Oct 8 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama is preparing to announce that he will nominate Federal Reserve Vice Chairwoman Janet Yellen to become the U.S. central bank's new head in the coming days, perhaps as soon as Wednesday, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea