White House preparing to name Yellen Fed chair -WSJ report
WASHINGTON Oct 8 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama is preparing to announce that he will nominate Federal Reserve Vice Chairwoman Janet Yellen to become the U.S. central bank's new head in the coming days, perhaps as soon as Wednesday, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted