U.S. Senator Schumer sees easy confirmation of Yellen as Fed chair
WASHINGTON Oct 8 (Reuters) - U.S. Senator Charles Schumer, the third-ranking Senate Democrat, on Tuesday predicted that Janet Yellen will win "by a wide margin" Senate confirmation to be the next head of the Federal Reserve Board.
On Wednesday, President Barack Obama is expected to formally announce his choice of Yellen to head the central bank, replacing Ben Bernanke.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel