U.S. House Speaker Boehner to make statement on fiscal crisis
WASHINGTON Oct 8 (Reuters) - Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives John Boehner will make a statement at 4:30 p.m. ET (2030 GMT) on Tuesday, aides said, apparently to respond to President Barack Obama's news conference earlier in the day that focused on their stalemate on fiscal issues.
Boehner renewed his call for negotiations on Tuesday, while Obama said he would be willing to talk with the speaker once Congress reopens the government and raises the debt limit.
- U.S.' Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study