Azeri President Aliyev on track for re-election - exit poll
BAKU Oct 9 (Reuters) - Azerbaijan's President Ilham Aliyev was on track to win a third consecutive term with 83.9 percent of the vote in an election on Wednesday in the oil-producing former Soviet republic, according to an exit poll.
The poll conducted by several Azeri non-governmental organisations showed opposition candidate Jamil Hasanly received 8.2 percent of the vote. (Reporting by Margarita Antidze, Writing by Thomas Grove, Editing by Steve Gutterman)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |